Thursday, October 25, 2007

Adelaide: the City of Churches

I've been to a couple of conferences since I started work here, but for the most recent one, I got to go international - to Adelaide!! It was the plant pathology conference and it was really fantastic. Heaps of great talks and I met lots of really interesting new people and caught up with quite a few old friends, especially some from Hobart. One particularly excellent thing was that my friend Karen came from Hobart for the conference and we got to spend a couple of days together towards the end.
Karen and me

One night we went out for dinner with a whole bunch of mycologists I hadn't seen for ages.
Ceri and Teresa - mycological superstars
Heidi and Anthony - friends from Hobart

This is the view from my hotel window- no need to stay in backpackers on a work trip!!
On Friday, we went on a post-conference field trip to look at diseases on almond trees and grape vines. And sample some McClaren Vale wines too...

On Saturday, Karen and I caught the tram out to Glenelg to check out the Adelaide beach scene.
I also spent an evening with my uncle Richard and my cousins Robert and James who all live in Adelaide. It was great to see them all again.
Uncle Richard

My cousin Robert and his girlfriend Carmen
My cousin James and his girlfriend

So nice to be in Australia again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home